Shotblast Concrete Blocks
Shotblast Concrete Blocks have a textured, pitted finish. The technique of shotblasting involves the blasting of precision block faces with "shot". This creates a relief texture which not only gives depth to the concrete block, but exposes the inner aggregates. The intensity of the shotblast can be adjusted from light to heavy for more design flexibility. Both structural an non-structural shotblast concrete blocks are available. Shotblast concrete blocks are available a variety of both common and specialty concrete block sizes.
Shotblast texturing is available on any Precision Block color.
NOTE: Colors may vary. For color chip samples, please contact RCP Block & Brick's Architectural Support.
Sizes & Shapes:
8x8x16 Bond Beam
8x8x16 Open End
- Structural Units: Conform to ASTM C90, Specification for Load-bearing Masonry Units, Medium Weight. Also comply with the latest editions of ACI 530, and Chapter 21 of the California Building Code (CBC) and the International Building Code (IBC).
- Non-Structural Units: Conform to ASTM C129, Specification for Non-load bearing Concrete Masonry Units.
- To achieve the industry standard Medium Weight, RCP Block manufactures with black volcanic cinders that conform to ASTM C331, Specification for Lightweight Aggregates for Concrete Masonry Units.
- Different weights and design strengths are available through special order.
- Standard block are run on a per job basis and are available with a four to six week lead time.
- Custom colors and shapes may be subject to: Minimum Order Quantity, Extended Wait Times, Mold Fees, and Agreement to purchase all units from the production run.
Construction Details & Technical Info
Green Building Practices