Shotblast Concrete Block
Shotblasting is a texturing technique that is applied mainly to Precision Block units. The blasting of the block faces with shot, creates a textured relief look which not only give depth to the concrete block unit, but exposes the inner aggregates. The amount of shotblast can be adjusted from light to heavy for more design flexibility. Structural specifications of the block units are not affected by the shotblast texturing treatment.
Shotblast texturing is available on any Precision Block color.
NOTE: Colors may vary. For color chip samples, please contact RCP Block & Brick's Architectural Support.
Shapes & Sizes:
8x8x16 Bond Beam
8x8x16 Open End
- Structural Units: Conform to ASTM C90, Specification for Load-bearing Masonry Units, Medium Weight. Also comply with the latest editions of ACI 530, and Chapter 21 of the California Building Code (CBC) and the International Building Code (IBC).
- Non-Structural Units: Conform to ASTM C129, Specification for Non-load bearing Concrete Masonry Units.
- To achieve the industry standard Medium Weight, RCP Block manufactures with black volcanic cinders that conform to ASTM C331, Specification for Lightweight Aggregates for Concrete Masonry Units.
- Different weights and design strengths are available through special order.
- Standard block are run on a per job basis and are available with a four to six week lead time.
- Custom colors and shapes may be subject to: Minimum Order Quantity, Extended Wait Times, Mold Fees, and Agreement to purchase all units from the production run.
Construction Details & Technical Info
Green Building Practices